Students are to dress appropriately for all school activities and to maintain a high standard of dress. The following standards will be in effect:
- Reasonable cleanliness of person and wearing apparel is expected as a matter of health and aesthetics.
- To avoid injury and disease, shoes, sandals, or boots must be worn in the building. This is a state law.
- Beach wear and athletic wear are inappropriate except in the gym and on the athletic fields. A decent coverage of the body is expected. Tank tops (straps must be three fingers in width), revealing tops, short shorts, bare midriffs, halter tops, net leggings, net shirts, swimsuits, pajamas/slippers, etc. are for a more casual time and are not appropriate at school. No trench coats are allowed. Athletic jerseys must be worn over a t-shirt.
- Attire that is likely to cause disruption of the educational process will not be worn. Clothes making statements with sexual innuendo or advertising alcohol, drugs, and/or cigarettes do not belong in school.
- Wearing apparel that interferes with or endangers self or others while participating in classroom activities will not be worn. The decision as to the safety or unsuitability of the clothing is a matter of the judgment of school personnel.
- Students must not wear any type of head apparel (hats, hairnets, sweatbands, bandanas, rags) or dark glasses in the building without the permission of an administrator.
- Any manner of grooming or apparel, including jewelry, charms, chains, emblems, badges, bandanas, baggy and saggy clothing which by virtue of color, arrangement, trademark, or other attribute is associated with, denotes membership in, or affiliation with any gang will not be allowed.